Samsung has announced the Note 3 and the phablet could well outdo the sales of Galaxy S4 or any other Samsung phone in the market.
The phone features 5.7 inch display, a size that is increasingly gaining popularity as the accepted form for a large sized phablet and best suited to be used with the just announced smart watch Samsung Gear.
The phone is powered by 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, 3GB RAM and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Expect the phone to be priced around Dh2,500 and it should launch in the UAE by the end of September. In fact Samsung has announced that the device will launch on September 25th in more than 140 countries.
According to Samsung a simple click of the S Pen button while hovering over the screen introduces users to Air Command, a palette of five powerful features that truly make tasks easier and faster.
What’s Air Command?
The Air Command feature provides access to the a range of features such as:
· Action Memo that allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more
· Scrapbook enables users to organize or track down content and information from various sources including the web, YouTube and Gallery in one place so that users can easily look back at collected content all at once. When consumers save content for future use, Scrapbook also collects source material or URLs allowing them to easily refer back to the original source.
· The Screen Write feature captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments or additional information onto the captured image.
· S Finder allows users to expansively search for content on their device regardless of the type. By putting in keywords or filters such as date, location, and content type, users can search related documents, events, communication threads, and even the Help page – all in one place. In addition, users can also search for hand-written content in their Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas.
· Pen Window allows users to use the S Pen not only for drawing sketches or writing notes, but now also for opening a small application window for a true multitasking experience. Simply by drawing a window of any size, anywhere on the screen, users can easily and quickly open another application window such as YouTube, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.
The Galaxy Note 3 has a full HD Super Amoled display and is slimmer (8.3mm) and lighter (168g) with a more powerful (3,200mAh) battery.
The camera is similar to the one found on the S4 with a 13 megapixel rear camera with Smart Stabilization and high CRI LED flash.
What’s more Samsung has improvised the design element by adding a soft and textured-touch back cover.
The phone will be available in Jet Black, Classic White and Blush Pink.
What’s more the My Magazine feature enables customization of news content, social media and other feeds through Flipboard.
JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division at Samsung Electronics, maiking the announcement said “Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is a powerful, original approach that enables users to tell the stories of their lives through dynamic and seamless expressions of their passions across work, play and life experiences.”
Samsung also says the new Note 3 features a multi window that enables users to toggle seamlessly between applications without closing the window or opening a new page
Users can also run one application in two windows at the same time.
“For instance, users can read the news in one browser while conducting a web search in another, or send an instant message through ChatON to a friend while reading a message from another friend,” Samsung’s introduction said.
There is also an improvement to group Play that was introduced along with the S4. Group Play allows users to play the same music, to play games together, and to share documents. It now enables consumers to share videos and play content together with their friends simultaneously. Users can also connect up to five devices alongside each other to create a "big screen" viewing experience.